Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Smock

10/01/08
Well, I had made one of these already last year but now, for the life of me, I cannot find it. I thought it was with the kirtle I made and was amazed I couldn't find either because the kirtle is booger green and kinda stands out. Then I found my kirtle but the smock is still lost.

Ugh... I may have to make another one. Oh well... it wouldn't take too long, I just don't think I have the fabric. May have to head to Giesse and pick up some cotton/linen.

----
10/02/08
Took the trip out to Giesse (the fabric store) today to grab some linen or cotton or something for this since I can't find my old one. Blah. Couldn't find any lightweight cottons or similar since I guess it's officially winter, they've brought out all the wools. Blah. Ended up getting a slightly heavier-weight white cotton blend from the remnant bin that should do I suppose. Not like anyone's going to see it anyway.

The smock was pretty much the only piece of clothing that was ever washed since it was closest to the body and no one ever saw it except perhaps you and your ladies' maids.

Planning on getting the smock done tomorrow... or possibly finishing up the embroidery on milord's shirt. Doubtful it would be both.

----
10/05/08
Finished! Took me about 2 hours to complete once I found the time to get to it. There's still a ton of loose threads I have to clip but my smock is complete. This is the first layer of the outfit. The corset will be the next.

Action shots! (pardon the nipplage, I wanted to see how it fit without a bra since I won't be wearing one with it any time later) (also, pardon the ladder and chair in the background, my husband didn't feel like moving from his office chair to help me take photos)







Pattern was drafted by me with help from the Elizabethan Smock Pattern Generator.

I'm so glad I'm getting more of this outfit done. Makes me feel less rushed, ya know? Anywho, I think I may move on to the removable sleeves tomorrow. They won't take long to sew but might take awhile to embellish so I want to make sure I have enough time to work on them.

----
10/06/08

Found my first smock. *sigh* Oh well... I like this new one better anyhow. ^_^

----

Materials:

* fabric (approx. 4-6 yds)

List:

* cut fabric
* sew together

No comments: